|Canadian Heritage Gallery|
|Structures||Click on the thumbnail to view the image, and for information about ordering reproductions.|
|Toronto Fire Hall Toronto Fire Hall and Mechanics Institute,
Toronto, Canada West, 1846.
|First Nations' Houses|
|Nootka Indian House A West Coast Indian house at Nootka
Sound, engraved for a 1784 collection of Voyages Round the World ... of Captain
|Council House Council house, Tyendenaga Mohawk reserve,
near Deseronto, Upper Canada. The reserve, north of the Bay of Quinte, was received from the
British in the late 18th century.
|Haida Totem Pole A Haida totem pole and house at Skidegate,
Queen Charlotte Islands, British Columbia, 1876. Watercolour by Lady Dufferin (1844-1936),
wife of Canada's then-Governor-General.
|Community House Chief Harry Mountain's Community House,
Kwakiutl tribe, in British Columbia, c. 1920, with the front facing the sea. The people inside give
scale to the size of the structure. Pen and ink with watercolour by Joanna
|House and Totem Pole A Kwakiutl house and totem pole on
|Huron Longhouse A Huron Longhouse, one of the many
reconstructed buildings at Ste. Marie among the Hurons, a Jesuit mission village and Huron
settlement along the shores of Georgian Bay in southern Ontario.
|Click on the thumbnail to view the image, and for information about ordering reproductions.|
|Top of Page
Copyright © 1999 Canadian Heritage Gallery